Who is a good candidate to use a Secure Acceptance Web/Mobile?
- Don't want the risk of handling or storing sensitive payment data on their own servers
- Want to achieve and maintain payment security (PCI) certification faster and easier
- Value the ability to add/drop payment types and make other changes to the checkout pages without code change
- Require mobile optimized checkout screens
- Require checkout pages in different languages
- Have a resource familiar with basic Perl, PHP, JSP, ASP.NET or Ruby scripting and host their own server, or use a hosting provider that supports these scripting languages
- Want to accept payments on our secure URL that looks to be part of their own store
A Secure Acceptance Web/Mobile is probably not right for you if...
- You already have your own PCI DSS compliant order form or don't want to outsource
- You need full customization control of your payment page
What are the main advantages of using the Secure Acceptance Web/Mobile?
- Security Compliance—hosted services mean faster and easier PCI certification
- Reduced Risk—no need to handle or store sensitive account data
- Mobile Optimization – users on mobile devices are presented with the best checkout experience
- Global Ready – Language packs cover all major ecommerce markets and more
- Easy Trials and Testing – Changes to the checkout pages are easily configured
- Supports 1-click checkout – When integrated with CyberSource Tokenization, returning customers can be taken directly to the Review Order page. Tokenization allows you to access securely-stored account data for easy future payments.
- Low Maintenance—leave compliance and order page maintenance to us
- Speed—faster and easier than implementing your own checkout page, especially if you need to begin accepting online orders quickly
- Basic Customizing—customize basic visual elements and messaging for your customers
- Virtually Transparent—customers move seamlessly from your product pages to our hosted order form
What technical skills are required?
Secure Acceptance Web/Mobile is very easy to implement and requires minimal scripting knowledge. We offer sample code in Perl, PHP, JSP, ASP.NET and Ruby. The three main actions are:
- Generate a security key within the CyberSource environment. Place it onto your own Web server to validate your identity to our systems
- Configure your order page by accepting defaults or customizing it
- Modify your Web script (copy and paste) so that an HTML "Buy" button appears on your checkout page
You can implement the Secure Acceptance Web/Mobile in two ways:
- Default: use the default receipt/decline pages and messages with limited customization options
- Customized: have full control to use your own receipt/decline pages and messages