Who is a good candidate to use the SOAP Toolkit API?
- Want to access services only available via an API implementation
- Have enough volume to warrant a higher level of automation
- Want more control and customization of the buying experience
- Have an SSL secured order page
- Have a resource with ASP, C, Java/Cold Fusion, .NET, Perl or PHP
The SOAP Toolkit API is probably not right for you if...
- You already have a Shopping Cart to process payments
- You don't have a technical resource with programming skills
- You or your hosting provider don't provide a secure (SSL) protected order
- You do not want to build your own client software
What are the main advantages of using the SOAP Toolkit API?
- Flexibility—with an API, you can take advantage of any CyberSource service available with the package you purchase (Tax and line item detail,
- Scalability—an API implementation is best if your business volume
warrants a high level of order processing automation
- Control and Customization—create your own customized order page and
receipt to give you more control over your customer's buying experience
- Stability—have your server communicate directly to ours for greater
stability than with a Web browser
- Security Control—you or your hosting provider control security with an SSL
- Data Access—store order or customer data before sending it to
- Fulfillment—share order data with a fulfillment house or internal dept
- Easy Order Management—use the online Business Center to review and
manage all of your orders from any computer with Internet access
What technical skills are required?
Implementing an API client with a CyberSource SDK requires programming
skills in ASP/COM, C, Java/Cold Fusion, .NET, Perl or PHP. You should be
comfortable installing libraries into your existing server environment.