Secure Acceptance Silent Order POST
The Secure Acceptance Silent Order POST option is ideal for Web merchants who prefer to host their own order page, perhaps for greater customization, and simply need a method of transferring payment data for processing.
Who is a good candidate to use Secure Acceptance Silent Order POST?
- Want to customize and control their own order form, receipt and error pages
- Want to have access to and control of customer and order data
- Have a resource to do basic Perl, PHP, JSP, Ruby, ASP or ASP.NET scripting
- Use a hosting provider that supports these languages and SSL security, or provide their own secure server for accepting orders
Secure Acceptance Silent Order POST is probably not right for you if...
- You are using a Shopping Cart that already includes CyberSource payment
- You or your hosting provider don't provide a secure (SSL) protected order form
- The provider hosting your product Web pages doesn't support one of these scripting languages: Perl, PHP, JSP, Ruby, ASP or ASP.NET
- You don't care about accessing customer data before processing
What are the main advantages of using Secure Acceptance Silent Order POST?
- Control and Customization—providing your own customized order page and receipt gives you more control over your customer's experience
- Data Access—you have full control to store or share order or customer data before sending it to CyberSource
- Security Control—you or your hosting provider control security with a secure server
- Minimal Changes to Environment—you only need to install minor scripting changes into your environment
- Easy Order Management—you can use the online Business Center to review and manage all of your orders from any computer with Internet access
What technical skills are required?
Secure Acceptance Silent Order POST requires moderate scripting skills in PHP, JSP, ASP, ASP.NET, Ruby, or Perl. The three main actions are:
- Automatically generate a security key script to validate your identity; install it into your Web script
- Modify your Web script code to pass order data to CyberSource
- You or your hosting provider maintain a secure SSL server for your order page